Element3 Health is a rapidly growing, venture backed healthcare company that engages seniors around their passions to increase physical, social and mental activity for healthy aging.
These three powerful elements of health help to tackle the $75 billion of unnecessary healthcare spending associated with social, mental and physical decline among seniors. Our GroupWorks engagement platform is growing quickly, onboarding tens of thousands of groups across 120+ passions which helps to catalyze members’ health and improve their quality of life.
We are underway with the first major re-architecture and rebuild of our core GroupWorks platform in its many-year lifespan, making this a very exciting time for our company. This new version will be a cornerstone of innovation for the company and we anticipate follow-on projects will leverage the technology and process know-how we glean along the way. We would like to seize this opportunity to not only evolve the platform but also our process and capabilities, which is why we are seeking a qualified Engineering Manager to help empower our team.
We are beginning to build out our tech team in Denver that will replace remote development resources. Our ideal candidate for this engineering manager position is someone who has a combination of good leadership, communication and project management skills alongside technical acumen, ability to coach and jump in where needed, and experience building and leading engineering teams to deliver in a purpose-driven business and start-up environment. ; We have an informal and comfortable environment with a motivated, intelligent, and engaged team; and we balance collaboration, camaraderie, helpfulness, and heads-down work. The ideal engineering manager would find these attributes comfortable and also help us evolve our organization to continuously improve our ability to deliver on our current and future development projects.
This is a great opportunity to be part of building a brand new technology platform that will have real impact on the health and well-being of many people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As the Engineering Manager you will:
- Work with senior management to establish and maintain technology strategic goals.
- Collaborate with other leaders in the company to define technology solutions that will support partners and customers.
- Propose and refine technology and product objectives, timelines, and metrics.
- Build out and lead a technology team of local developers in our Denver, CO office and remote resources to manage day-to-day development efforts.
- Work closely with product/design team members to clarify requirements, keeping an eye on tickets, prioritizing emergent issues, doing code reviews, and guiding the development team on architecture and design matters.
- Collaborate with the development team to continuously improve our process to keep team members motivated to deliver quality at a sustainable pace that meets the needs of the organization
- Evolve the technical guidelines/standards for our current and future projects. This would include code standards, best practices, architectural patterns, and so on.
- Lead the team in architecture evaluation and decisions including integration of 3rd party systems.
- Explore, plan for, and ultimately deliver on necessary performance and scale improvements.
- Build and manage the development team including recruiting, on-boarding, 1:1, development, and reviews.
- Mentor developers and help them learn effectively.
- Inspire a culture of ownership and accountability.
This role is full-time, onsite in Denver, CO.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- Bachelor or above in Computer Science strongly preferred; a degree in a related field is acceptable.
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on programming experience as part of a development team.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as an engineering manager in a startup environment.
- Experience managing remote development resources as part of a team.
- Experience owning delivery and support of production software with a significant user base and expectations of uptime – ideally in a startup environment.
- Familiarity with various processes for software development.
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, on-boarding and building a tech team.
- Eagerness to be a part of our effort to establish the technology and process foundation for our company’s future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.